Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Two.

Two years ago today, we welcomed our beautiful, healthy, amazing, smart, funny, personable, loving son into the world. Of course, we didn't know all those things about him when he was born. We only knew immediate, intense, and overwhelming love.

Brand new!

We couldn't possibly have known how the next 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, and everything in between would change us, make us grow, challenge us, tire us, energize us, teach us, and mold us, into parents. We didn't know on the day of his birth how much joy, how much laughter, how many tears, questions, songs, stories, snuggles, kisses, outfits and diapers would fill up our days (and nights, let's not forget the nights!). What I did know, holding my tiny newborn, was that I thought I had an eternity before he would be a walking, talking, thinking, emoting little person. And yet here we are, and two whole years have passed us by in the blink of an eye!

Now two!

I hope my son knows every day that he is the biggest blessing of our lives, and that each day of my life he will always be my baby boy. Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

1 comment: