Thursday, May 5, 2011

Welcome to the jungle


I've always been a little OCD about the state of my house. I like everything in its place. I like clean dishes and coats hung in the closet and a neatly made bed every day. Aaaaand then I had a baby and like it or not, the state of my house took a hit. It wasn't easy for me, but I had to learn to look past some stuff so I could focus on my child. He will only be this little, and this funny, and this stinkin' cute for so long before he starts shaving and asking us for the car keys and not wanting to spend all his time with mama anymore. I have learned to turn a blind eye on a lot of things over the past nine months but there are a few I simply cannot, canNOT ignore. So these are the 3 things I do every day to help me keep my sanity and not get crazy behind on housework:

1. Vaccuum. Yep, every day. Sweets and I run the vaccuum quick as soon as we walk in the door every afternoon. With 2 long-haired shedding machines and a crawling baby, I can't overlook the tumbleweeds of pet hair drifting across my floors. 

2. Dirty pots and pans on the stove. Can't deal with them. A stack of dishes waiting to be washed in the sink is one thing, but baked on, caked on residue taunting me from the stove is quite another. If I had to start my day by looking at that it would be a very bad day indeed.

3. A tidy kitchen table. Let's be honest, the kitchen table functions as our coat rack, desk, dinner table, car seat depository and mail receptacle. Sometimes tidying it up simply means making several neat piles and that's ok. But I can't take it looking like a hurricane hit it at the end of the day.

Someday my house will be neat again.
But then it will also probably be a lot quieter, a lot more dull, and a lot less cute ;-)

  


No comments:

Post a Comment