Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Library Love

This is definitely the year that I have rediscovered my love of the public library. When I was young, I used to love going and picking out a huge stack of books, and then savoring the delicious anticipation of choosing which order to read them in. But along with high school, and then college, grad school, job hunting, job starting, marriage and home-ownership, I sorta forgot about the humble little library. In the last several months though, I have been lovin' on the library! It's so great! I get the same giddiness I used to feel when I took a stack of books to the checkout at Barnes and Noble except that a) I don't have time to go to B & N anymore and b) they're free! Aside from the children's books I've checked out for Sweets, this is what's currently on my nightstand:

I loved What to Expect When You're Expecting and What to Expect the First Year, so it only followed that I would go looking for this one as well. So far I've only read the section on picky eaters ;)

I subscribe to Parents magazine and I just read an article by the woman who wrote this book. It peaked my interest, so I picked it up on my last library run. I can't wait to read it! It got great reviews on Amazon.

A little fiction for Mama. I keep hearing about this series, so I figured I'd give it a go. I'm about 100 pages into this 700 page monster and so far? A little slutty, but definitely holds my interest!

If you haven't heard of this book, you are missing out. Delicious bread with virtually no effort. Enough said.

I haven't started this one yet, but I figured it would not be a bad idea to brush up on my Happiest Baby techniques now that Sweets is a very independent toddler who wants what he wants.

The other great thing about borrowing books? They don't end up cluttering up our continually shrinking house ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment