Wednesday, November 6, 2013

31 Weeks


How far along? 
31 weeks. Only 9 left...

How big is baby? 
The size of a pineapple and nearly his or her birth length! Now it's about packing on the pounds.

Total weight gain?
Up 16 pounds

Maternity clothes?
 As if there's an alternative at this point

Sleep?
Ug. Sleep sucks. Between tossing and turning all night and heartburn, I regularly wake up around 3 am and have trouble falling back asleep and I'm constantly roasting...I have a feeling there will be no cozy flannel sheets on our bed until after the baby comes

Best moment of the week?
Sunday I was feeling really tired and having lots of Braxton Hicks, so I took a very random afternoon bubble bath. Sweetie Pea was so confused - he just couldn't figure out why I was doing that, but he wanted in on it in the worst way. Eventually I gave in and he joined me and we had the sweetest little chat. He found the mounds of bubbles and the fact that the tub was totally filled up with water quite a treat!

Food cravings?
 Pumpkin anything is still tasting mighty good. I made pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin pie from scratch this week - I've never done that before but I'll be doing it again. Delish! 

Labor Signs?
 Well, yeah, I suppose. I've been having so many Braxton Hicks and feeling so uncomfortable that my midwife had me go over to labor and delivery to get monitored for awhile earlier this week. Turns out my uterus is still irritable, just like it was with Sweets!

Symptoms?
Cruddy sleep, heartburn, contractions, fatigue, general moodiness...we've arrived at the super fun part of pregnancy, no?

Movement?
 It's actually getting a bit painful sometimes. This little one is strong! And the bladder shots...watch out.

Gender?
 Sugar and spice or snakes and snails? Not long til we find out!

What I’m looking forward to?
Three day weekend coming up! Maybe I'll have the energy to work on the baby's room?

What I miss?
Energy and sleep, without a doubt

Weekly Wisdom?
Water is your friend

Milestones?
Weeks to go have dropped into the single digits....hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment