Wednesday, October 30, 2013

30 Weeks


How far along? 
30 weeks. 30! How did that happen? That means we are about to drop into single digits for the remaining weeks and that is anxiety-producing.

How big is baby? 
About the size of a large cabbage and around 3 pounds.

Total weight gain?
I'm sorry, what's that you say? I can't be bothered to check because I just sat down with a brownie sundae to write this post...

Maternity clothes?
 Rockin' em!

Sleep?
I'm pretty sure I've just reached the point in pregnancy where sleep doesn't come as easily as it used to. It's hard to get comfortable, I wake up every time I have to change positions, and things are aching - back, hips, pelvis, etc. I wake up every few hours, but really isn't that nature's way of easing you into the sleeplessness that having a newborn brings?

Best moment of the week?
Sweets spent the night at GaGa and PaPa's last Friday, and Hubs met a friend for drinks after work - after the week we had, those several hours of alone time were GOLDEN :)

Food cravings?
 I realized this week that I have been eating fried egg sandwiches at every possible opportunity. 

Food aversions?
 None. Eventually I'm going to change this question to "Labor signs?"

Symptoms?
Pesky Braxton Hicks! And the dreaded pregnancy waddle...I've suspected it for a little bit now, but when students started pointing it out over the last week or so I knew it was really here ;) Thanks kids, for drawing attention to it.

Movement?
 Holy cow, yes. This baby is opposed to things resting on my belly - magazines, ice cream bowls, Sweets toys - he or she tries to boot them all off!

Gender?
 "Do you know what you're having?" is absolutely the most common question I get asked these days. And the answer of course, is no.

What I’m looking forward to?
I'd like to say the holidays, but I'm afraid to, because once they arrive I know the end of this pregnancy is going to get away from me and I am far from prepared.

What I miss?
I'm missing summer this week, isn't that weird? Sweets and I were playing out in the yard on a beautiful, cool fall day and he started talking about our summer trip to the Adirondacks and I got all nostalgic. I'm not ready for winter!

Weekly Wisdom?
10 weeks left. Your child IS going to need a name at some point.

Milestones?
According to my midwife, I'm measuring a couple of weeks small. But she said the baby feels just fine in terms of size, she thinks I'm just super long-waisted with lots of room for he or she to spread out. If I'm still measuring small at my next appointment, I'll get an ultrasound to double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment