Tuesday, October 22, 2013

29 Weeks



How far along? 
29 weeks. And if you're thinking I looked a little peaked, you're absolutely right. This picture was taken at the end of the longest week I've had in a long time.

How big is baby? 
The size of an acorn squash and somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 pounds.

Total weight gain?
According to the scale at my midwife's office, I'm up 14 pounds. 

Maternity clothes?
 And not much else these days!

Sleep?
Not so much with the sleep this week. Right on the heels of that flu bug, Sweets came down with a tummy bug, and Hubs came down with Sweets' flu bug, resulting in some truly heinous sleep all around.

Best moment of the week?
I'm going to go with "when my son stopped barfing." 

Food cravings?
 None...food has not been at the top of my priority list this week.

Food aversions?
 None

Symptoms?
Mostly Braxton Hicks contractions and normal aches and pains. This belly's getting big, after all!

Movement?
 You bet. When my midwife felt the baby at today's appointment, she said he or she was head down, with the back along my left side, bum under my ribs, and legs and feet curled around on the right, which corresponds to where I'm feeling the most movement.

Gender?
 My students were debating this today, and were pretty evenly split between boy and girl. I have one student who swears up and down that he's never been wrong in predicting a baby's sex, and he said boy. We'll see!

What I’m looking forward to?
Everyone getting healthy!!! 

What I miss?
Sleep. And not constantly worrying about whether I'm this virus' next victim.

Weekly Wisdom?
Wash your hands! Did you just wash them? Wash 'em again.

Milestones?
Passed my gestational diabetes test - yay! But my iron is low - boo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment