Tuesday, October 1, 2013

26 Weeks



How far along? 
26 weeks. My pregnancy app kindly reminded me that I only have 14 weeks to go...that suddenly doesn't seem like very much...

How big is baby? 
About the size of a head of lettuce

Total weight gain?
Up 13 1/2 pounds total...no change since last week

Maternity clothes?
 For sure. We are having the loveliest Indian summer and I've been trying to wear my warm weather clothes while I still can!

Sleep?
Pretty good, and I sure do need it these days

Best moment of the week?
Showering my best friend of 25 years (!!!) with love, good wishes and gifts for her new home with her soon-to-be hubby!

Food cravings?
 Well, nothing until I had the world's most perfect iced coffee today. Dunkin' Donuts decaf with cream, sugar and pumpkin spice...I have a feeling more of those are in my future

Food aversions?
 None

Symptoms?
 I'm not sure this counts as a symptom, but I have become a very paranoid driver in the last couple of weeks. I narrowly dodged what could have been a bad accident involving some idiot driving the wrong way on the expressway at rush hour one morning and since then I am consumed with thoughts about how many things can go wrong when you get behind the wheel

Movement?
 Just the regular gymnastics

Gender?
 I had a colleague tell me he could "tell from my nose alone" that I was having a boy. Ok then.

What I’m looking forward to?
 I'll tell you what I'm NOT looking forward to this week and that's my gestational diabetes test when I have to slug that nasty glucola drink

What I miss?
Not obsessing about how much water I'm consuming in a day

Weekly Wisdom?
I'm feeling very unwise at the moment

Milestones?
At my midwife appointment yesterday, my fundal height was measuring spot on at 26 inches at 26 weeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment