Thursday, December 12, 2013

36 Weeks


How far along? 
36 weeks...a month out from my due date!

How big is baby? 
The size of a head of romaine lettuce - about 6 pounds and 18 inches long

Total weight gain?
Up 20 pounds at the midwife's office

Maternity clothes?
 I think this is a moot point by now

Sleep?
I get what I can and try to be ok with it

Best moment of the week?
Hands down, my BFF's amazing wedding! It was a spectacular day filled with love, and people are SO wonderful to pregnant bridesmaids!!!


Food cravings?
 All food is pretty good at this point :) Although I find smaller, more frequent portions are better - there's not a ton of room in there anymore!

Labor Signs?
 Pass!

Symptoms?
Major, major nesting, and feeling scatterbrained, plus the usual physical complaints of being 8 months pregnant

Movement?
My belly is a shape-shifter ;)

Gender?
For us, the truly great thing about deciding to wait is that we really feel happy either way. We would love for our son to have a brother (and he has made it clear he would, too), but of course the idea of having one of each and him having a little sister is awesome as well.  

What I’m looking forward to?
Christmas break is coming up! Two weeks to nest like crazy and prep for G2!

What I miss?
Being able to get out of bed without feeling like a beached whale

Weekly Wisdom?
US Airways, you will never get my business again. I don't care if your fares are down to $4 round trip. Nothing is worth the hassle of flying your unfriendly skies.

Milestones?
48 hours in an airport, six canceled flights, 3 shuttle buses, more gates than I can remember and a 4 1/2 hour, middle of the night drive home, all at eight months pregnant...I'm going to say NOT having a baby in the midst of all that counts as a milestone!

A little tradition in our house...this cracks us up every time! I can really see the difference between pregnancy #1 and #2...the first time I was much rounder. My belly is so much pointier this time around, and P.S - I have definitely dropped - everywhere I go, people comment on how low this baby is.


1 comment:

  1. Looking good! That travel craze was exhausting to just read about! Glad you got home at all after that craziness!

    ReplyDelete