Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Veggie Soft Tacos

I really, really, really love cookbooks. I have a.lot of them. Since having a baby, there are some I reach for more than others. Anything that requires me to have things like saffron, heavy cream or shiitake mushrooms on hand, or takes more than 30 minutes to prepare is out. You know what's in? Fast. Easy. Healthy. Which is why I love this cookbook that my mother-in-law got me for my last birthday:


350 recipes and not a-one of 'em takes more than a half hour to throw together. Love. (And thanks, Mom!) I just made the recipe for Vegetable Soft Tacos this weekend and it rocked. Seriously, I'm such a huge fan of these things for a few reasons:
1. As previously discussed, they are fast, easy, and healthy.
2. It used up some zucchini from our crazy bumper crop.
3. It fed us for dinner two nights, and the remaining filling was fantastic scooped up with tortilla chips.

Do yourself a favor and make these, pronto! :-)

Vegetable Soft Tacos
From Taste of Home Busy Family Favorites

1 2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 zucchini, finely diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup salsa, choose your spiciness
*I ended up using the entire jar and it was perfect.
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 flour tortillas
Sour cream
Shredded cheese

In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion until tender. Stir in beans and salsa and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon the filling onto half of a flour tortilla, top with sour cream and shredded cheese, fold over and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment