Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What a difference a year makes

So, the other part of our rockin' holiday weekend was that my brother and sis-in-law were visiting from their home in sunny Florida and they got to log some quality time with Sweets and us (though not enough - boo ;). About this time last year, they were also visiting for my SIL's bridal shower, and Sweets was a teeny newborn. And being the sentimental schmuck that I am, I was all overwhelmed with the difference between last year's visit when they met their nephew for the first time, and this one, wherein that same nephew is a like a big, grown man who's nearly ready to go to college. See?

4 weeks old, with Uncle K

14 months old, with Uncle K and his current favorite book, The Very Hungry Caterpiller. I could recite this book in my sleep at this point.

With Auntie L and Uncle K as a floppy little newborn...

...and 1 year later as a squirmy toddler. It took many attempts to get this shot, which may explain why I look like a weirdo trying to smile and wrangle my kid at the same time.

Uncle K and Auntie L, we miss you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment