Monday, May 27, 2013

8 Weeks



How far along? 
8 weeks. I am willing to call some of that bump-lette baby related, since I can now see it first thing in the morning instead of just at night ;)

How big is baby? 
The size of a raspberry. Mmmm, I could go for some raspberries.

Total weight gain?
 Still nothing. Confirmed at my appointment this week.

Maternity clothes?
 Nothing official yet. Still using the belly band on work pants and jeans.

Sleep?
I would like to sleep 12 hours a night. But I'll settle for 7-8 hours of uninterupted zzzzzs when possible.

Best moment of the week?
First prenatal appointment, though it was very uneventful. My midwife says she likes it that way. 

Food cravings?
 This baby wants Mexican! Last week, I had a burrito bowl and taco salad. This week, I made taquitos and quesadillas.

Food aversions?
 Not too many, honestly. Just a finicky appetite.

Symptoms?
 Tired tired tired. My skin is breaking out like I'm 14 again.

Movement?
 Nothing that I can feel, but apparently baby's appendages bend at the joints now.

Gender?
 I really have no idea. Not even an inkling.

What I’m looking forward to?
 I get an ultrasound next week! My midwife agreed with my dates, but she slyly said "if you're at all unsure, you can have a dating ultrasound next week." Wink, wink. I'll take it!

What I miss?
 Energy. Caffeine.

Weekly Wisdom?
Want to hide your bump? Carry your ipad in front of your tummy all day. I learned this from Princess Kate, who did it with her clutch purse. 

Milestones?
Ummm...I made it through another week without telling anyone? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment