Monday, June 10, 2013

Round Two!

Would you believe me if I said that this post is so titled because today is my 25th birthday (again)? ;-)

Well, though it is the day of my birth, I am not turning 25, which is ok, because as much as I enjoyed 25, I have so many things at 32 that I only dreamed of having seven years ago. No, this post is titled "Round Two" because Sweets is going to be a big brother!

Seeing double on Saturday, April 27th, 2013

If you know me in real life, chances are you know I have been undecided on the question of whether or not to have another baby. I love my son with all my heart and I would walk through fire for him, but man, he was an exhausting baby! It took me a long time to feel like I was ready to even contemplate having another and doing the newborn thing all over again. I was in that contemplative phase in December, seriously considering whether we were ready (and whether I had the energy) to add to our family when the tragic events in Sandy Hook, CT took place. And it sort of all made me realize that our time on earth is so short, and anything could happen to any of us. What were we waiting for? 

So here I am, 10 weeks pregnant today and feeling amazing. So amazing in fact that at my first appointment with my midwife two weeks ago I told her I was afraid she was going to tell me it was all in my head! Needless to say, when she offered me a dating ultrasound, I jumped on it! So last week, at 9 weeks and 2 days, we had our first peek at the little person we affectionately refer to as "G2."

Hi, little baby who looks more like a Teddy Graham!

G2 was wiggling away with a heartbeat of 179 bpm. So crazy! He or she (we will not be finding out this time around) is expected to make an appearance on or around January 6th, 2014. I have been writing a weekly update with bump picture since 4 weeks, and plan to go back and publish them on the dates they were written, so if you care to read them, check out my blog archive (below and to the right). That's all for now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment