Friday, June 3, 2011

Delicioso!

It's time for another recipe, friends. 'Cause I love to share when I find an easy, quick dinner! I'm just not one who can eat cereal for dinner. I really wish I was, because Sweets is so over watching me make supper.  When he was just a little bean, I would tuck him in the Moby wrap and chop, saute and stir away. He would nestle in, so close to my heart, and snooze while I made something for Hubs and I to eat. Now? I'm lucky if the Exersaucer and a handful of Cheerios entertain him for 10 minutes while I rush to throw something together. This recipe came together quickly and was very tasty. We don't eat a lot of meat in our house, so I liked that it had two kinds of beans in it for protein. Sweetie Pea liked it too, though I left the seasoning and the chiles off of his portion. So dig out your sombreros, we're going south of the border with:

Mexican Stir-Fry
From Everyday Slow Cooker and One Dish Recipes

1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1 jar diced green chiles
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
Pinch cayenne pepper
2/3 cup kidney beans, rinsed
2/3 cup black beans, rinsed
1 1/2 cups cooked rice (I used instant brown rice)
Shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, saute the veggies until crisp-tender. Stir in the water, tomato puree, and spices. Reduce hear, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add beans and rice, heat through. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Ole!





No comments:

Post a Comment