Tuesday, March 6, 2012

10 Things

Back when all I knew of the internet was the clanging dial-up of AOL (which you paid for by the minute) I was a sucker for those email surveys that all my friends used to send out. You know the ones - where you delete all of the previous person's answers, type your own, and then forward it on to a bunch of people who were probably like "why are you sending me this?" So imagine my delight when this 10 Things survey swept the blogosphere - an excuse to tell you random things about myself and recapture the glory of those pre-wireless days ;)

I'm supposed to start with a photo of myself. And as I looked for one I realized that I have very few photos of just me. I did find this one, which was pre-marriage and pre-baby:


Now I'm supposed to tell you 10 random facts about me:

1. When I was little, my life's ambition was to be a waitress. I thought they were so glamorous.
2. I think dishes have a weird smell when they first come out of the dishwasher.
3. The sound of people biting their nails makes my skin crawl.
4. I love to eat Frosted Mini Wheats for breakfast, but only if they are all frosting side up.
5. My favorite TV show of all time is Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. And yes, I have the DVD set.
6. I suck at exercising my democratic right to vote.
7. I once had horse poop shoved in my mouth. No lie. I got into a manure fight at the stables where I used to volunteer and let's just say I lost.
8. I really, really, really hate and am paranoid of dealing with vomit (I know, you're probably like, girlfriend had horse crap in her mouth and she's afraid of a little barf? It is what it is.)
9. I have a very serious love of dill pickles.
10. I have never been drunk. Like, never ever.

And lastly, I'm to answer the following 10 questions: 

1. Have you ever met someone famous?
No. But I recently dreamed about attending some function with the Obamas and that was pretty cool.

2. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Our family vacations to Disney World. Just thinking back on them makes me feel all giddy - they were so special!

3. Favorite album of all time?
I don't have one. I can't listen to one artist for an entire album because I get bored. However there was a time in middle school when I had a pretty serious obsession with the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack.

4. Are you a salty or sweet lover?
Sweet, definitely! I loooooove dessert.

5. Favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
Hmmm, this is a toss-up between The Bachelor (I hate to even admit to this) and 16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom. I get so sucked in.

6. Describe your favorite sandwich.
The chicken ceasar pita from The Pita Pit. OMG so good.

7. What was your first pet?
My parents had a dog when I was little. She was a Black Lab mix named Sheba. But MY own first pet was a green parakeet named Zeke.

8. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in life?
My amazing son!

9. What is the first blog you started reading?
I think it was Urban Squirrel Girl. I can't even remember how I found that one, but I think the author has fallen off the blogging earth.

10. If you had to choose one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Cheesecake! No, brownies! No, cheesecake! Um....cheesecake brownies?


Well that was fun!

2 comments:

  1. KID YOU NOT, JUST YESTERDAY WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW DR. QUINN WAS PRETTY MUCH THE BEST SHOW EVER. but i dont own the dvd set. :(

    i might need to check it out of the library sometime soon though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That's because Dr. Quinn IS the best show ever!!! I love that someone else recognizes that :)

    ReplyDelete