Friday, March 2, 2012

Perfection in a Mug

New Pinterest addict that I am, I couldn't help but notice all the 5 Minute Chocolate Cake recipes floating around out there. Chocolate cake? In 5 minutes? Yes, please! Imagine my disappointment when the first few ones I tried tasted like a mug full of nasty. I almost gave up completely...until I found this:


It's actually a 5 minute mug brownie and it's addictive. I tweaked it slightly, and I now believe this is the world's most perfect dessert. A warm, chewy brownie topped with ice cream that gets all melty...I'm warning you, you will want to make out with this. Check it out:

1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons milk
Splash of vanilla
Pinch of salt

Important to note: NO egg. The recipes I tried with egg were disgustingly spongey and the texture was all wrong...plus I can't truly enjoy a molten center if I'm worried about getting salmonella. Mix it all up with a fork and zap it in the microwave for about a minute (mine actually takes a minute and 20 seconds) until it's puffy, but still a bit gooey in the middle. Slap some ice cream on that sucker (mint chocolate chip is my flavor of choice) and pig.out.

2 comments:

  1. I pinned your recipe and it already has 3 likes and 16 repins. It's gone viral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I sometimes judge myself by the number of repins I get? ;) ha, that just made my day!

    ReplyDelete