Monday, February 9, 2015

Meal Plan Monday


It's no secret that I am a HUGE proponent of meal planning. I think it saves us so much time and money, and I am not one who functions well at 5 pm, staring into the fridge wondering what we're going to have for dinner. I used to meal plan weekly and shop on Saturdays - a process that, for all my self-proclaimed love of meal planning - I loathed. The time it took each week to develop a plan and the crowds at the grocery store on weekends made me more than a little wacko. So I moved to monthly meal planning and haven't looked back since. It has changed my life! I make one huge grocery trip for the month and stock up on all meat, grocery items, refrigerated and frozen items, and household purchases. All that's left to do weekly is one quick stop (usually on my way home from work one day in the mid-afternoon) for the week's produce, milk, and eggs. I love seeing what's on other people's meal plans, so I thought I'd start sharing what's on mine and maybe inspire you to try something new! And yes, I realize this week's Meal Plan Monday is getting posted on Wednesday. Listen, I'm still trying to get back on the blogging horse ;-) 

Sunday: Chicken with Mustard Mascarpone Marsala Sauce, roasted potatoes, and green beans. Holy cow, this chicken is AMAZING
Monday: Curried quinoa risotto*, field greens salad with pineapple and feta.
Tuesday: Easy Weeknight Mushroom and Kale Pasta (one of our favorite new recipes) 
Wednesday: Baked Potato Soup (note: this doesn't even pretend to be low cal)
Thursday: Spinach and Gruyere Quiche, field greens salad with apples and walnuts
Friday: It's my little secret that I always leave Fridays wide open on the old meal plan. I never feel like cooking much on Friday night, so it's either leftovers, breakfast for dinner, or dinner at my parents' house.
Saturday: This Saturday happens to be Valentine's Day, so I'll be cooking something special...I just haven't figured out what that will be yet!

*From "The Family Cooks: 100+ Recipes to Get Your Family Craving Food That's Simple, Tasty, and Incredibly Good for You" by Laurie David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment