Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Natural Product Empties



Once upon a time, a good four years ago now, we gave up cable. I could write a whole separate post on what a great decision that was for us, but that's not what I'm writing about today. Since we said goodbye to all those channels, I've found a few YouTube channels I love and watch regularly. I have no idea why, but one of my favorite things to watch are product reviews. I just love seeing what other people use and like. Call me weird, I don't know ;) So I thought I'd share my most recent empties in case there's any other weirdos like me out there.

So starting at noon in the picture above and working clockwise, we have:

Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Beverage: I am not a coffee drinker, not because I don't like it, but because it doesn't much like me. This is an exquisite alternative that I can make quickly in the morning, hot or iced, and it tastes great. No caffeine, but I don't mind. It's my little treat for the commute.
Bottom line: I love it and have already repurchased.

Konjac Sponge: If you haven't heard of this little oval-shaped facial sponge, check them out! They're 100% natural and gentle, made from the root of the Konjac plant. I enjoy the gentle exfoliation and softness it gives my skin. After a few months it kind of shrivels up and needs to be replaced.
Bottom line: I bought a two pack of these and will most likely repurchase when my current sponge dries up.

Yes to Carrots Night Cream: I was underwhelmed by this product. I usually love the "Yes To" line but this had a strong fragrance that I didn't care for.
Bottom line: I won't be repurchasing this one.

St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub: While not totally natural, this scrub had been a staple in my skincare routine since I was a teenager. I'm a little obsessed with it and now my husband is hooked on it as well. An all-around great exfoliator!
Bottom line: I've repurchased this countless times and will continue to do so!

Xyli-White Toothpaste: One of the major changes we made to our personal products was the switch to natural, non-flouride toothpaste. I had no idea how many yucky chemicals are in conventional toothpaste! We all love this one, and I love that the whole family can use it; no kids toothpaste necessary.
Bottom line: Have already repurchased and will continue to do so!

The Honest Company Kids' Multivitamin: My 4 year old enjoyed the tropical flavor of these whole-food vitamins with probiotics. I feel good about giving them to him and they seem to be giving his immune system a nice little boost!
Bottom line: Would definitely repurchase.

Trader Joe's Lavender Hand and Body Lotion: I'm a big fan of this for year-round use. It smells great and is free of many nasties we try to avoid. It's not typically strong enough for our harsh winter weather and the subsequent alligator skin we sometimes experience, but I have other products in my arsenal for that.
Bottom line: Have and will repurchase!

Avalon Organics Lavender Facial Cleansing Milk: This is just ok, in my book. It smells amazing, but it doesn't remove my eye make-up for beans and I'm fighting some break-outs since using it. 
Bottom line: Probably will not repurchase.

Dr. Bronners Lavender Castile Soap (do you see a trend here? I might like lavender): I'd heard a lot about this plant-based soap, which claims to have something like 180 uses. I like it! I use it mostly to hand wash my delicates, in homemade laundry detergent, and to refill my foaming soap dispensers. 
Bottom line: I've repurchased this in the fragrance-free version and am just as happy with it.

Trader Joe's Cream Shave: I discovered this while searching for a more natural shave cream for myself and it turns out my husband and I both love it. One tube lasted like six months with both of us using it (a little dab'll do ya!), which also makes it a bargain!
Bottom line: Have already repurchased!

Just Hatched Happy Baby Body Wash: I finished this up awhile ago after using it on both the boys. It's gentle, free of yuckies and has a pleasant, sweet scent. However the pump broke, which made it a giant pain to dispense.
Bottom line: Since Cole's skin now requires eczema-sensitive products I probably wouldn't repurchase this one.

The Honest Company Lip Balm Trio: These were ok. I kinda felt like the product disappeared quickly after applying it, which was annoying. They smelled delicious though!
Bottom line: Not planning to repurchase.

Eden's Garden Lavender Essential Oil: Huge fan of this stuff! Seriously, SO many uses! My favorites are to add to a bath (for kids and adults), for minor cuts, scrapes and burns, and diffusing into the air to promote relaxation. 
Bottom line: I already have two more bottles ;)

See anything that interests you? We have loved our journey into more natural products!

No comments:

Post a Comment