If I spend any time thinking about how Sweets is only "officially" a baby for 1 more month, I'll bawl my eyes out. So instead I'll talk about how we spent his 11 month birthday today. I'm super excited that my brother and sister-in-law are visiting from Florida this weekend, and since Sweetie Pea and his Uncle K have birthdays just 4 days apart, we decided to do a little early celebrating for both of them. The weather was absolute perfection here in our neck of the woods, so we went to the zoo for the afternoon, then came home and feasted on grilled goodies and ice cream cake. We had a fabulous time!
Sweets the Meerkat
I dressed him in alligators, you know, because we were going to the zoo, and wouldn't you know we met another baby dressed in exactly the same outfit, right down to the white bucket hat!
Playing in the kiddie water area (I know it looks like mud, but it wasn't)
"Mama, these animals are all pretty interesting but if it's all the same to you, I really like this water bottle the best."
Sweets with his Uncle K and Auntie L
Happy early August birthdays!
This kid has a serious sweet tooth!
Unwrapping his first first birthday present!
Bang bang bang!
It was a great day, and a truly wonderful way to kick off the summer. I'll leave you with some 11 month stats. Currently, Sweets:
- Weighs 20 1/2 pounds and wears size 12 month clothes
- Hates the sippy cup and much prefers to drink from a straw or a regular old cup
- LOVES to feed himself, he just can't be bothered with the spoon anymore
- Is all over the place and into everything. Nothing is safe anymore!
- Is just on the verge of walking. He can crawl and cruise and I can see the walking wheels turning in his head ("If I let go of this couch, what will happen...?")
- Babbles like crazy. We think we've caught a few real words in there every now and then but I'm unwilling to give any of them official "first word" credit yet
- Lets you know in no uncertain terms that he is not going to stay still long enough for a diaper change, thank you very much
- Is sleeping through the night. OMGTHANKYOUJESUS.
- Has recently learned to clap hands and brush his hair
- Is so funny, loving, curious and sweet
- Is really starting to like being read to. Before he tolerated it, and got bored halfway through a story. Now he is honestly interested, which makes his book-loving mama very happy!
- Finally took to his lovey, a frog blanket, that he buries his face in, snuggles, and carries around with him.
- Is still nursing - go Sweets and go me!
I wish I could just push Pause on the last 30 days of babyhood......