Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Haircut!

I guess it's been awhile since I've posted, but we've been at the mercy of the molars for the last several days. But with the help of a little Motrin and lots of extra cuddles, we seem to be over the worst of it. Just in time for Sweetie Pea's very first haircut on Saturday! He's been looking a little shaggy for a good month now and I'm too scared to attempt a trim myself. What if I cut his earlobe off or make him look like this:
Ya, best left to the professionals.

So anyway, Hubs' hairdresser has been cutting his family's hair for years and years and she was thrilled to do the honors. She also insisted that the first haircut was on the house - so nice! Since I carry my camera everywhere, here's the play-by-play:

First we watched Daddy get his haircut so Sweets could see there was nothing to fear.

Then we waved at the cute little boy in the mirror. Well, some of us waved, and some of us (Hubs) made weird Thriller faces.

His hair was barely wet and he had pretty much lost interest in this little project.

I think the feel of her brushing the hair off his neck gave him the heebie jeebies!

That's better! So stinkin' cute!

In other news, after months of extensive research and price-shopping, Sweets' big boy carseat arrived this weekend. I went with the TrueFit Recline by The First Years for its outstanding reviews in comfort, ease of use and safety. Can't wait to get that sucker up and running - Sweetie Pea is definitely on the cusp of outgrowing his infant carrier. I'm glad we got a whole year out of it though! Time to wash it and stow it away for the next one :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw! It looks like he did great! His hair is really similar to my son, Ryan's. We got his first haircut about a month ago. His hair is very fine, but there's a lot of it and it grows fast! He already needs another one cuz it's getting long over his ears. I think I need to learn how to cut hair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!! My mom helped with Thad's first trim (it wasn't really a haircut), now I've boycotted and I think I wanna let it get shaggy. ;) We'll see!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following back! Have a fabulously fun Tuesday! Me on the other hand, I'm fighting an 11 months old who is boycotting naptime. Ah, the joys of parenthood...

    ReplyDelete